Our Suzuki Family Group Class is a great introduction for families to our program. Required for all young beginners, the Suzuki Family Class will guide families on a positive Suzuki experience.
This is a 4 part class for all parents/guardians of students that wish to enroll in Suzuki Royal Oak for the fall. All classes will be held online until further notice. We will be using the Zoom format for our classes. Families will also receive links to 4 videos that they will use to help their children learn the 5 Suzuki Twinkle Rhythms before they start lessons.
Class Cost: $56.00. This includes the 4 online classes for parents and the links for your children. There is a 4 family minimum per class.
Parents will need to purchase the book, Beyond The Music Lesson by Christine Goodner and read it before the first class.
- Please fill out the registration form. Make sure that you include the date of the class that you want to attend.
- Mark Mutter will contact you to confirm receipt of your registration and the dates that you will be attending the Suzuki Family Group Class.
- You will receive a Zoom Meeting invite via email the morning of the class.
- Please make sure that you read the book before the first class
- Introduction to the Suzuki Method
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 1, 2, 3
- Twinkle Rhythms A and B
- Overview of Suzuki Royal Oak
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 5 and 6
- Twinkle Rhythms C and D
- Next Steps to Enrollment
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 7 and 8
- Twinkle Rhythm E
- Setting up teacher interviews and lessons
- Beyond the Music Lesson Ch. 9, 10, 11
- Twinkle Review and Practice Specifics
You only need to sign up for one series of classes. You can also replace a class with the corresponding number in another option if you have to miss one. You do not need to sign up for the Parent Orientation Class if you enroll in this class.
Option 1: Tuesday September 15, 22, 29 and October 6 – 7:30 pm to 8:30pm
Option 2: Tuesday October 13, 20, 27 and November 3 – 7:30 pm to 8:30pm
Option 3: Tuesday November 10, 17 and December 1, 8 – 7:30 pm to 8:30pm